North & South 2 SPOILER ALERT

Okay, for all of you who don't want to hear about the end, this isn't for you. But just for a warning, I will be discussing the end in the book and comparing it to the end in the movie. SPOILER ALERT. Not exactly a spoiler, cause you knew there would be kissing, right?


The end in the book is unique. I will tell you why. They don't kiss.
"Unorthodox romance story!!!" you say. Let me say something. I don't think that there has to be kissing in a romance story.
The end in the North & South had kissing. Definite kissing. A LOT of kissing. (my mom thinks that Richard Armatige liked the actress). Personally I like the book ending better because she puts her arms around him the way she did when she protected him from the riot. It was very unique. Not saying the movie ending was wrong or that I don't like it (actually it was pretty romantic :] ) just that I like the book ending better.

 DEFINITE SPOILER ALERT



  For an extra spoiler you can see the end scene here.
 In the new definition of a romance story, there has to be kissing. I have never seen a movie made in modern times (no matter what era it is portraying) that is a romance that has no kissing. (comment below and tell me if you have)
 And for a small critique of the movie, back then they would not kiss (especially like that) in the middle of a train station with people walking by. Sorry. That would just not happen.

So boiling it all down to this, the book ending was more realistic and made a bit more sense, all though the movie ending was great too. I think it depends on your taste. But both are great. (Comment all your thoughts below!! I would love all of your opinions and tastes.)

Comments

  1. You finished it! No, I can not think of a romantic and recent movie where the ending did not include kissing. Good point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did!!! Thank you, GranAnnie!
    I'd also like to add that the music in North & South is so enrapturing and, as I heard some one else put it, 'haunting!'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MCFARLAND USA REVIEW

THE GIVER Movie Review

THE AWAITED REVIEW OF PADDINGTON!