SUB SAHARAN TALES 2

  
  We have some beautiful scenery where I live.  I love beaches, palm trees, flowers, waterfalls, everything.  Having recently visited a beach side hotel, I took lots of pictures of the plants and animals seen there. I also took some around my house.

This is from the beach side hotel.
  The tides from the beaches where I live are pretty strong compared to what I've experienced in the States. I have had many close calls in my life on these beaches!

This is also from the beach side hotel.
  I have also seen plenty of plants around here! Flowers, vines, bougainvillea, oh, so pretty. 
If you pull the stem out of this flower, You can taste the nectar, like in the honeysuckle. I don't know what it's called.
Cacti

 Ouch! We even have cacti! (which, trust me, hurts when you touch it; I speak from experience!!)
Palm tree
Coconut tree
And, of course, palm and coconut trees. The difference between the two is that palm trees only grow palm nuts, and coconut trees grow (can you guess?) coconuts. They can get pretty tall!


 Where I live is not all plants and prettiness. We have our environmental problems.


      


We have trash and dust and mud and ..did I mention dust? :] all around our house and on our streets. Not much to look at. Hmm. 
 




   

  But no matter how hot or dusty it is, we always manage to have fun!
My sister and I, goofing off.


You can read and use Lincoln logs...


          

Go horse back riding...

                                                                               
                             
Or chill!!

Comments

  1. Nice photos and comments. You captured your life here very well.
    From down the hall ... Hee, hee GranAnnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Nice photos. You should ask Caitlin how she added a "Follow by Email" form on her blog. I'd love to subscribe and be notified when you post something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MCFARLAND USA REVIEW

THE GIVER Movie Review

THE AWAITED REVIEW OF PADDINGTON!