HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2





 As I have posted below, July 25 was my birthday. But, due to complications, we didn't celebrate it until the 28. I planned it all out very carefully with GranAnnie. We would eat my almost-tradition pancake breakfast, eat out at the new French owned American restaurant, go to the beach, eat at Festival Des Glace, eat our ice cream cake there, then return home for a movie night watching 'Paddington' (I'll write a review of that later). We actually squeezed it all in! 

My friend Benedicte, my sister, and I inside Burger & Pizza City.
   When we arrived at Burger and Pizza City, the sign said closed. My dad went up and pounded on the door (as seen in the picture, ha ha ha) until a waitress came up and opened it. When he asked if they were open, she hastily replied that they opened at 10:00 a.m. Dad pointed out the fact that it was 12:00 p.m. Glancing past my dad, and seeing a van load of nine people, she asked if we would like to have breakfast.
This is Burger & Pizza City. They don't offer pizza....

The menu....
From right, clockwise: My dad, GranAnnie, my little brother, me, Benedicte, my little sister, my mom, and my older brother.
Thank you, Geoff, for taking this picture!
This is Geoff. He took the group picture of us at the burger joint above.
                                                       

 We all ordered burgers and chicken sandwiches and received fruit drinks instead of Pepsi (I was expecting them to either be out, or not have it at all; I have NEVER had a Pepsi in Africa). We enjoyed our selves thoroughly, and Mom pulled out some Ungame cards to ask me (if you've never played that before, it's a game that helps you get to know someone).   

Homeward bound for swimsuits, then off to hit the beach!!


As you can see, the tide uncovered the roots of the coconut trees.

  
Isn't it beautiful!!!

The undertow was SO strong.
    We had lots of wipe outs, close calls, and scraped knees! And we had an awesome time.







Then, off to Festival Des Glace, a fancy/affordable restaurant that serves burgers, soups, Chinese food, pizza (!), African food, and so on.




As seen above, I was wearing my swimsuit and shirt. Because Benedicte and I were salty, sandy, and wet, my mom ran across the road and grabbed two dresses from a street vendor's booth. She simply said our ages and both dresses fit us perfectly. We were so much more comfortable!!!!

The ice cream cake was fabulous! The waiter took 10 minutes to slice it and broke a sweat in the air conditioning! It was very well frozen. :P Solid, actually.


I would list my gifts, but that would be a little greedy. :)
I will, however, say that I sent a thank you up to heaven that God delivered to Bubuck for my Twister game.




Afterwards we escaped the busy streets to our warm house with blankets and pillows sprawled out in front of  our desktop computer. 

We don't have a picture of us watching Paddington, but this is where we sat. It was very cozy!!! (and tight LOL)



Review of Paddington

COMING SOON

Comments

  1. Happy (late) Birthday, Maryann! Sounds like your day was special! :) I can't wait to read your review of Paddington.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MCFARLAND USA REVIEW

THE GIVER Movie Review

THE AWAITED REVIEW OF PADDINGTON!