Horseback Riding in HOT & HUMID Weather






I love you so much, Samurai!!* Thud.

   I had to do it; I pushed forward clicking and tapping Samurai on his rump with my crop. He sped up. I raised myself to jumping position: AT THE LAST MINUTE, he swerved, heading to the right at full speed to his Arch Enemy, Volt, who my little brother was astride. Volt half reared, Samurai swerved, and I yanked the reins hard to avoid conflict, falling over Samurai's head and grabbing his mane for dear life!!!!




  At the beginning of the video you can't see me, but you hear my instructor, Monsieur Arnou and my brother are yelling," Stay away from VOOOOOOOOOLT....!!" and my mother is talking with her best British accent. :)


Tristan & his trusty steed, Lucky Luke.

  We take riding lessons at an Equestrian Center (courtesy of GranAnnie, Thank you so much!)
Today our lesson focused on jumping! Fun.  No really! ...As long as you don't fall off..... (which we have done...ow)


Aidan and Volt

It is hot. And humid. And we're riding in over 92 degree Fahrenheit weather. But we're alive.


Christianna gets her own personal ring, a pony named Mickey, and the cutest saddle blanket ever!



 Controlling horses isn't as easy as all the books I've read make it out to be. Sometimes they don't want to jump, they swerve, and bang your knee into the supports (which has only happened to me, and I never want it to happen again!) Or sometimes the two horses that are cantering at each other have long, drawn out histories and decide to fight. But all of it is quite an experience once you get used to it.





Samurai likes swerving. A lot. He also has a fear of fences,poles, and Volt. In the above video, this is
Try #5. Aidan is so pleased that I FINALLY!!!! make it, he yells in celebration.



  In the above video, Samurai decides that jumping is below him, and takes a leisurely walk.


I spy with my little eye a very uncooperative horse.....




 As mentioned, Volt and Samurai are Arch Enemies. Above is a near collision. NOT FUN.
I have rammed into Volt before. Samurai cut across the arena and when he reached an incensed Volt, turned 360 and banged my leg into Volt's rump. Fun. Yeah.





We have succeeded at times!!!!!




Yeah!



GO, GO, GO! Aidan likes yelling like a cowboy...



SUCCESS!


We end with Christianna's tranquil finale.




*Special thanks to Mom for standing in the hot African sun to take ALL this footage! Three Cheers for Mommy!



Comments

  1. I'm so glad I visited. From your words, I can visualize just how the lessons went including the highs and the lows of the horses' temperaments! Miss you and your family so much. Love, GranAnnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You worded that so correctly!
      Mom is going to send you pictures from the open-house there, it was really fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MCFARLAND USA REVIEW

THE GIVER Movie Review

THE AWAITED REVIEW OF PADDINGTON!