DAY 2: Boosted Moral

  Sunday night, I saw two shooting stars and stayed awake from 2:30 to 4:30 because I couldn't breathe out of my nose.  Then, low and behold, at 5:30am, Aidan dragged his feet noisily up the sidewalk and banged on the door of the mobile home. I sat up and said, "Aidan, what in the world are you doing?!" and if you've seen Frozen, I looked like Anna when she woke up on her sister's coronation day; halitosis and all.  Once he had apologized for waking me and explained that we were locked out, I made him go back to bed. At six, the rest of the world woke up and Aidan barged into the bathroom. 
 Yesterday's blog may have seemed like a monotone, and I do have a good excuse; I was NOT feeling well then (Aidan actually made up a song about it) and that is how I remember that day. Monday I was feeling better, though my nose was my worst enemy. 
Breakfast!

Christianna being strange and eating Ramen noodles for breakfast... even I think that's weird.




M. Samuel


Mme. Louise
I feel worse than I look... uuggh!


 After breakfast Mom, Dad, and M. Samuel went to the first meeting of the Women's Conference while I stayed with Aidan, Christianna, and Tristan. For the first part of the morning I read (a naughty Mr. Aidan took my camera and a picture of me!)

Complete with a pile of tissues....


After I finished my book, I became really restless, so I climbed the fire flower tree. I love that tree; it is absolutely beautiful, and such a testimony to God's amazing creativity.








  After taking lots of pictures and depleting my strength almost entirely, Tristan and I moved our tents under the tree (the ground was soft and the concrete was not), I helped Mom with lunch, and then slept for most of the afternoon - and when I say most, I mean most. Probably from 2:30 to 5 pm. Hearing a commotion outside I went to the backyard to see what I had missed, or what was going on.

The students were filling up our water tank! Since the tank was elevated so there would be water pressure, they had a little difficulty at first.  But after a while, they got the hang of it. One student did the whole caboodle single-handedly! It was impressive.






M. Samuel sat with me and watched. After awhile, he took two mangos and told me that one was a 'governor' mango and the other a 'pistol' mango. Apparently there is a long standing debate about which tastes better. I opted for 'governor' mangos because they're not as stringy as 'pistol' mangos. :)



After dinner, we all went to bed (after I had taken an AMAZING shower!). THIS time I slept through the whole night and woke up and 5:45 to watch the sun rise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MCFARLAND USA REVIEW

THE GIVER Movie Review

THE AWAITED REVIEW OF PADDINGTON!