My Special Oatmeal Cookies



   After making some Oatmeal Cookies for our Bible Study, one of my sweet, amazing viewers requested that I post the recipe on my blog. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of them before they were all devoured ravenously eaten. Also, this is not the direct recipe from the cook book; I modified the recipe to our limited amount of ingredients and my personal preference. For instance, we only had so much brown sugar, so I substituted honey and white sugar.  I added nutmeg as well. Everyone loved it, so I must have done something right.

But here's the recipe, with much love to Aunt Danna :)

  Maryann's Oatmeal Cookies

   3/4 cup butter-flavored vegetable shortening
   1 & 3/4 cups of all-purpose white flour
   1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
   1/3 cup honey (to overflowing)
   1&1/2 cups white sugar
   1 egg
   1 teaspoon triple-action baking powder
   1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
   1/4 teaspoon baking soda
   1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
   a pinch of nutmeg  (Ooh-la-la! For just the right touch.)
   2 cups quick-cooking oats

Preheat the oven to 375/400 degrees F. In a mixing bowl beat margarine or butter with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Add about half the flour, the brown sugar, sugar, honey, egg, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Beat thoroughly til combined. Beat in remaining flour. Stir in oats.

Drop by rounded teaspoons/tablespoons, or by cookie dropper onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or til edges are a golden brown and the cookies smell done. You can cool cookies on a rack, or serve immediately.  The number of cookies changes with the amount you use, but with a cookie dropper, I made about 48. You could probably make double that number with a teaspoon, but I have never tried it.


For those of you who like posts about recipes, please let me know in the comments or email me so that I know! That would be very encouraging. Thank you!

Me cooking....


Comments

  1. This post was fun to read. I could almost smell the cookies cooking! I must have done something correct because I received an email notice that you had a new post on your blog! This e-mail notification has never happened before today. Missing you so very much. Love, GranAnnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the post GranAnnie, and that you were able to receive it this time!
      With much love, Maryann

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MCFARLAND USA REVIEW

THE GIVER Movie Review

THE AWAITED REVIEW OF PADDINGTON!